Top trends 2019
- Tata Chemicals is the top ranked company.
- Tata group companies occupy the prime position. Of the top ten companies, two are from the Tata stable (as compared to three in the previous year).
- Several companies have moved up the list – Infosys, Bharat Petroleum, Hindalco and Toyota Kirloskar Motors being the chief amongst them
- One public sector company is in the top 10 list – Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
- Integrated reporting is ramping up.
- Manufacturing companies perform better than service companies.
- Private companies perform better than public companies.
- Information Technology and Energy are the top performing industries, while Other Financials are laggards.
- Companies are gradually incorporating SDGs into their responsible business actions. Of the top 100 companies studied, 60% companies have mapped their responsible business actions to SDGs.
- All the top 10 companies mapped their business goals with SDGs.
- Key action themes for companies include renewable energy, water, waste and data privacy.
ENERGY - Renewable energy capacity and its utilization have geared up. While solar is the most preferred, biofuel is picking up speed.
WATER – Access to water and management of water resources continues to be a focus area for internal operations and societal initiatives.
WASTE – Initiatives to manage e-waste, municipal waste and plastic reuse & recycling show an increasing trend.
DATA - Customer data and its privacy has become a material aspect in the operations of services companies.